Friday, August 26, 2016

Here I am

Hi guys, I don't know how to start a blog, but this is for a class that I'm getting graded in, so I guess that I have to at least try. My name is Cort Everhart, some call me Cortland, which is my full name, but I usually just introduce myself as Cort because I'm lazy and don't like to add that extra syllable. I am a sophomore at Ohio Northern University studying Business Management. I'm already noticing I'm saying "I" a lot during this, which I'm not a big fan of, but it will probably happen because this is a blog. Just a warning, if you're going to follow this blog, I will ramble because I just type what I'm thinking and my brain can wander. Anyway, I grew up in Ada, Ohio, where ONU is located. I love sports, most foods, spending time with friends and just overall, enjoying life. Welcome to my blog, I'll be talking about a textbook we'll be reading for this class, talking about current events, and things that are happening in my life, too.
Here's me in Jackson, Mississippi working with
 Habitat for Humanity over spring break.
I just finished with my first week of my second year here at Ohio Northern and I couldn't be happier with my life right now and where I'm at. I stayed in the same town that I grew up in for college and many people would think I'm crazy for that but I love being a "townie." Ada is a small town, with 3,000 residents. It's one of those places where you walk down main street and wave at every other car driving by. I walk into the local bar on a Saturday morning for breakfast, Little Mexico, and say hi to the people in there, calling them by their first name. On campus, it's basically the same thing, about 3,000 students walking to class calling each other by their first name. The small town atmosphere is something I truly love. After I graduate, I realize I probably can't live in Ada the rest of my life, I'll need to get a job somewhere, but I want to move back to my small little town eventually.

While I'm still here though, going through the college experience in the same place where I have lived my entire life, I'm going to make the most of it. I will live every minute being thankful for where I'm at and every experience that has got me to this point. Thanks for joining me on this journey and hopefully you'll enjoy the stuff that I'm going to talk about.




2 comments:

  1. I love your stream of consciousness, it adds a lot to the style of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you talk about how you love Ada despite what people might think about you staying here for college. Really cool post, Cort, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete