Thursday, October 5, 2017

My Pop (Soda) Addiction

I am addicted to pop, soda or coke if you're in the south. I am addicted to the carbonation and the high fructose corn syrup of the sugary beverage and it is extremely difficult for me to quit. It started when I was a young lad and would spend summer homes by myself. My mom always kept our fridge in the garage stocked full of Pepsi for my dad and I would also take advantage of the delicious beverages being on hand. I was around the age of 10 when I started to stay home by myself during the summer time, so since the age of 10, I have been regularly drinking pop. Many times, I would wake up and eat a smore's Pop Tart and drink a can of Pepsi. I know that is the breakfast of champions. It's an extremely unhealthy habit and it has stuck with me throughout my life.

Recently, I have started to try and eat healthier, cooking chicken and rice, working out more, but I still drink pop. It is quite frustrating that I cannot get the crave of pop out of my mind. I want to quit drinking it but any time I get the chance to drink. I've been trying to stop but we will see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I used to drink a ton of pop too. Now I can't remember the last time I had it and I honestly don't have any desire to have it at all (besides root beer floats, those are bomb). What helped me stop drinking it was reading the ingredients on the back of the can. Once you remember how many artificial ingredients there are it becomes a lot less appetizing!

    ReplyDelete