Tuesday, October 17, 2017

What is Going on With This Weather

This weather has been the most peculiar weather that I have ever encountered in my short life. It has been hot, cold, hot again and then hot some more. Living in northwestern Ohio, you grow accustomed to cold weather starting in September and not ending until mid-April. This year, it has been hot all summer and hasn't
quit yet. I like warm weather as much as the next guy, but I have been looking forward to sweatshirt weather. We have gotten glimpses of it here and there, but in general, there has not been an entire week in which it has been cold enough to wear a sweatshirt everyday. There is something about watching football or walking around campus in frigid weather and freezing toes; I kind of miss it.

I'm going to assume that the reason behind this is global warming and the overall temperature of the earth increasing. Am I concerned about the earth dying? Yes. Am I concerned it's going to die within my lifetime? Not particularly. Do I know anything about the environment and how to fix it? Absolutely not. But, it still is a concern that we have to deal with. I trust the minds of the greatest scientists and scholars in the world to find the solution though. The solution may be to move to another planet eventually and ruin that one. Hopefully Elon Musk figures something about before he dies because he may be our only hope.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the weather has been stupid for the past few weeks. Hopefully now that we've cooled down a lot it'll start getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunshine and warm weather, but I have to agree with you, I miss bundling up for football games and rocking fall sweaters to class. I don't know if I'm ready for snow, but I love to see the seasons change and the holidays that come along with them. P.S. I'm glad you're starting to be more concerned about the environment!!

    ReplyDelete