Sunday, September 11, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It is football season. I'm writing this post as I'm watching the Packers take on the Jaguars and I could not be more excited. The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl this year and the Buckeyes are winning the National Championship, ONU and Ada are both making the playoffs, so just letting you all know that right now. Whether it be college football or NFL, Saturdays and Sundays are for sitting in front of a TV and yelling at the screen. I am a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan and a huge Ohio State football fan. There is something about hearing the National Anthem and watching the jets fly across your screen that makes you thankful that you were born in the best country in all the land.

Football brings people together or tears them apart. I was raised in a Browns household but somehow I turned out to be a Steelers fan but my dad and I still get along on Sundays. We enjoy watching the games together still and root for our respective teams. I have a friend named Randall and we argue constantly about everything football. We have very different opinions about things and it is not fun for other friends to be around us when we start talking about football. What I'm getting at is that football can spark conversations, bring people from different parts of the nation together and is very quickly becoming America's pastime.

I love football. I love watching the Buckeyes on Saturdays and the Steelers on Sundays. I love how football brings together small towns all across America on Friday nights. Even if you're not a fan of football, you have to admit that it has a huge influence on today's American culture. People revolve their whole lives around football, on any level, professionally, in college, or in high school. Football is the epitome of American culture. I'm glad that football is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment