Friday, September 16, 2016

Add Some Eye Candy to Your Post

Would you like it if people liked your posts more often? Would you enjoy it if people actually take time to stop and read your post on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform? You spend time working hard to try to find the perfect combination of funny, clever and informative on your tweet. Well if you want people to read your post or at least stop to look at it, then apply some sort of "eye candy". Whether it be a picture, a graphic, gif or a video, each can add some spice to your post. This is another excerpt from "The Art of Social Media". Now I did a review of it last week because I thought that I was going to be done writing about it but I forgot I have one more week. I thought I would share this information because it is nice to know and can help your post get more views.

Guy Kawasaki states in his book that content that has a relevant picture or graphic gets 94% views than other posts about the same topic. I understand that some of you don't care whether people view your posts, but you're lying. Why else would you post if you didn't want anybody to read about how terrible day your is or why you really dislike how your significant other doesn't listen to you? The reason to have social media platforms is to connect to people and let your voice be heard. Post stories and information with some color to it. I know that I am much more likely to stop and at least look at a picture, even if I don't read the post, I will stop if I'm scrolling. "Pictures are worth a thousand words", so why not put another thousand words on the 140 character limit on Twitter and not clutter everyone's timeline with a long, wordy post. Instead, just use a picture or graphic to draw the eye of your friends and followers. I'm not saying that you have to go out and learn photography and take the best pictures that anybody has ever seen. If you want to take a unique picture then go right ahead, but stock pictures that relate to the topic work just as well, i.e. the picture posted here. Take this information and do with it however you may be pleased. Have a great morning, day, night, whatever time you're reading this post and live the life however you want to live it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment