Thursday, November 30, 2017

Working in Admissions

I have worked in the admissions office at Ohio Northern since the end of my freshman year now. It has been one of the better things that I have done in my college career. Not only do I get paid to work there, but I get to talk to families about the college that I love. There are some drawbacks to the job, like stuffing papers when there are no tours to give or having to wake up early in the morning when I would much rather be sleeping. I really enjoy getting to talk to perspective families and listening to their goals and future while trying to convince them why Ohio Northern may be the best place for them.

Today, the Pharmacy College hosted the interview day and I was tasked with walking potential students from place to place. Getting to talk to kids and allow them to relax before there interviews is what makes my job enjoyable. I also had two kids in my group that I had previously gave a tour. Seeing that they came to the school after I had given them a tour was a great feeling. Working in admissions is definitely the most fulfilling job I've ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment