Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Why I Love Movies

Watching movies is just like escaping your real life for two or three hours at a time. No matter what movie you are watching, whether it is good or bad, you kind of forget about all the things going on in your life. For many people, watching movies is a way to escape. I've been a huge movie fan my whole life and have always enjoyed being able to sit down and relax for a couple hours and enjoy mindless entertainment as well as thought-provoking movies. Over the years, I have developed a larger taste of movies, from Harry Potter to Se7en. Movies are a great part of my life and are for many other people, as well. 

While being in Film Club in high school or just in general watching a lot of movies, you get to see a different aspect of people's opinions on things. I like some movies that others don't and vice versa. I think it's great when people can come together to enjoy a piece of art. Movies also allow for directors and actors to show off their creative juices and the audience gets to see all of their hard work pay off. Movies get friends together for "movie nights" like the ones my friends and I had back in high school and enjoy each others' company. They also allow for a reason to stay inside on a Friday night and avoid all human contact. I enjoy movies because I get to escape to a different world for a short-time and forget the stresses of college. So, if you are having a stressful day, maybe put in a movie and try to escape for a short while.


1 comment:

  1. You make a lot of good points about why movies are great! My personal favorite part about them is the way they bring people together.

    ReplyDelete