Monday, October 17, 2016

Updating Your Apps

If you have a smart phone, which is basically everyone that I know, then you are constantly getting reminders that your applications need updated. I know that most automatically update by themselves, which is great that I don't have to worry about doing it myself, but there are some that don't. It is very important to update your apps because sometimes they stop working if you don't update them. I recently did not update my messaging app for a number of weeks and it finally stopped working this weekend. I thought that I had to go to the Verizon store and ask them to fix my phone and pay a large sum of money, but no, all I had to do was update my app. It saved me a headache and unneeded stress.

Another great part about making sure that all of your apps are updated are the new features you get with the updated apps. Sometimes it is scary when you hear news about an app being updated and different than what you used to operate. But change is not bad, especially in the technology and social media world. There are always new innovations and programs that better your experience. Just recently there was a Snapchat update and I didn't like it to start, but now after a week of getting used to the new version, I can say it is better than the other versions. Change is scary but necessary in a fast moving world. So next time you are bored, look in your app store and see if there are any apps that need to be updated. 

1 comment:

  1. Updating apps is important but it is also important to make sure you read the fine print about what is being updated. Several months ago I went to update my Outlook app for my iPhone and the description said "Do not update if you're running iOS 10 beta". Fortunately I saw the message before I updated but I would have never been able to do that had automatic update been turned on.

    ReplyDelete